Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Morning Musume-Onna to Otoko no Lullaby Game PV and radio previews

With a little over 2 weeks until the release of Morning Musume's 44th single, Onna to Otoko no Lullaby Game, they have finally released both the PV preview and radio rip. And overall I am extremely happy about this single.


Since we've already talked about the song when the concert rip came out I'm going to talk about the PV first.
When I first saw the outfits from the PV. (The one at the top of this post) I thought I was going to absolutely hate the PV, because honestly I hate the dresses. They look like they were taken out of some fairytale, and the bubble skirt is no flattering at all. It's puffy and makes their hips look wider. Just like the shirts from W's Ai no Imi wo Oshiete Yo PV.
But the PV redeems itself when they show the close ups of the girls in their elaborate ball gowns. All of the girls look absolutely incredibly gorgeous. I was blown away by that alone.
The only real fault of the video is the dance. It's way too simple and a little awkward looking. But that's usually how Momusu dances go. Sometimes they're really great and sometimes they really suck.
I'll be waiting until the full PV to make anymore comments about it.



Now for the song. I said when the concert rip came out how impressed and in love with the song I am. And that hasn't changed one bit. The music is beautiful. And completely elaborate, and definitely tells a distinct story, basically through the music alone. I mean if they were a band, and their whole album was like this, people would probably call it a rock opera. I am so entranced with the song I actually don't mind that the whole song is sung with Ai and Reina lead and Risa and Eri minor, just like all their other songs have been. Their voices sounds so smooth and perfect in this song, I actually welcome it.
And what makes me the love the song even more is the lyrics. I don't even know why. The lyrics are just about a man's and women's roles in relationships. And still a little undertone of sadness. But for some reason I just really love the lyrics. The whole single makes me think of extravagance. I love everything about this song. And once you couple it with the super incredible song like Aisaresugiru koto wa nai no yo, it makes for one of the best Morning Musume singles in a long time. Now this is a proper send off for Eri, JunJun, and LinLin. I mean I absolutely loved Kimagure Princess and Aishite Aishite Ato Ippun was a good song, but it just didn't fit as a graduation single for Koha.




I also want to briefly mention AKB48. I know that this single will never sell half as much as Beginner, and honestly I don't care about that. Beginner is an absolutely great song, and it's extremely meaningful. However, honestly Beginner is at about the same par as this single. 100% on the same par. Yet it sold something like 660,000 copies. But in my opinion it didn't really deserve to. AKB48 has turned out to be Arashi. Arashi's songs sell like 600,000 copies even when they don't deserve it because all of Japan has fallen in love with them. Their singles sell so well because of legions of fangirls/boys. It's hardly about the music. AKB48 is doing the same thing. Their last 3 songs have sold so much because of blatant fanservice and strategically placed controversy, and in Beginner see through shirts. And nothing more.
So AKB48 fans enjoy the love and being fans of the top female idol group in Japan, for now of course. AKB48 is only popular cause they are shiny and new. If you recall Morning Musume was on top for like 6 years. But like everything, they were eventually out down. And it's just a matter of time before AKB48 is. So all of these AKB48 and H!P fandom wars are meaningless. I guess wota don't realize that for female idol groups/agencies to really be on top they don't have to beat Morning Musume or even AKB48, they have to defeat Johnny's. And AKB48 getting the top song of 2010 is nothing. Nothing! JE has been around for 50 (40?) years, that trumps H!P's 13 years and the AKB48's 5. JE is basically an empire. So these whole AKB48 VS H!P debates/wars are completely pointless and hilarious.

0 comments: