Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The coveted title


That's right 4 idol groups were releasing on the same day: AAA, Morning Musume, KAT-TUN, and SKE48. It was inevitable that one would triumph over the rest. But the coveted title went to, of course, KAT-TUN.

From the very first day SKE48 fans and Morning Musume fans only worried about beating each other. A lot of fans seemingly forgot that KAT-TUN was releasing on the 17th as well. And of course after it was announced that KAT-TUN was releasing on the same day, there was no way either idol group stood a chance.
The Oricon Daily Chart goes as follows:

1. KAT-TUN - Change UR World
2. SKE48 - 1! 2! 3! 4! Yoroshiku!
3. Kobukuro - Ryuusei
4. AAA - PARADISE/Endless Fighters
5. Morning Musume - Onna to Otoko no Lullaby Game


Yes, SKE8 did beat Morning Musume by 3 spots. So I guess in a sense they did win. But none of that even remotely matters. They both lost to KAT-TUN, so basically it's as if they both ranked at 24. Even if SKE48 did beat KAT-TUN, it wouldn't really matter anyway. It would only matter to the anti H!P 48 groups fans, who would use this as a way of saying their idol agency is better. Which is petty and meaningless. I just think it's funny that all this ruckus was made that SKE8 would beat Morning Musume, but they both lost.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Most of the talk I heard was from Morning Musume fans thinking that it was going to be a showdown and that Morning Musume was going to beat SKE48. I mentioned it because I wanted to address the fact that it was unrealistic. I don't follow KAT-TUN so I didn't even know they were releasing a single till someone mentioned it. The only male idol group I follow is Arashi. I don't really care who took the top spot. I just want to know the sales numbers.

AimxAim said...

I think the talk was probably even on both sides.
However, I can only vouch for the H!P side because I don't read SKE48/48 groups forums. The fact that any fan thought there was some sort of showdown is why I made this post.
I made this post out of pure irony at the whole competition some fans were putting on it, and then losing. I never said anything about you personally. I made this about all the fans who posted this stuff in online forums I read. >_>

I follow most of the male idol groups. (only KAT-TUN, Arashi, NEWS, and Hey! Say! JUMP though. Sometimes AAA, but they're a mixed group. And sometimes Kanjani8. XD)
I don't really care who took the top spot either, because it doesn't matter, and I had good odds of it being a group I followed. It wouldn't have bother me if SKE48 did win.

The sales numbers are as follows:

KAT-TUN: 118,001
SKE48: 86,322
Kobukuro: 24,262
AAA: not posted on Oricon
Morning Musume: not posted on Oricon