Saturday, January 31, 2009

Ryo-chan a plagiarist?!

There's a rumor going around that NEWS member Nishikido Ryo plagiarized his solo song, Ordinary, from NEWS' third album Color. Ryo claimed to have written, composed, and arranged this song himself. And yet it sounds strikingly similar to ACIDMAN's song Slow Rain. People also claimed it sounds like ACIDMAN's song Free Star, but it sounds nothing like it.

Now this news is pretty shocking to me. Mostly because he's my absolutely favorite JE member and I'm defiantly in love with him. It's also shocking because Color was released over two months ago. So why the rumor now? This news also makes me really disappointed in Ryo. I was really impressed that he did everything by himself. As much as I don't want to believe this, I can't pretend they don't sound similar. They sound 80% alike! Ryo is also an ACIDMAN fan so that proves that he really was "inspired" from Slow Rain. But this rumor isn't going to make me like Ryo less. I would stick by him even if he stole the words, the music, and copied the video!

What is also surprising about this is, it hasn't broke into Japan yet. If it did everything would have been blown way out of proportions. Ryo would have been sued and it would have been a huge scandal. Maybe he'd even be suspended from Johnny's. Who knows? That's defiantly a possibility. It's also possible that Johnny's could have taken care of all of this months ago. JE could have given ACIDMAN a cash payout that was sufficient enough for him not to take it to court. Or he could have given ACIDMAN full royalties to the song. Which are all possibilities. And who knows if they ever happened or will happen in the future.

Anyway, here's the two songs. Decide for yourself if they sound the same. Which they do.



Nishikido Ryo-Ordinary



ACIDMAN-Slow Rain

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, well I think that Nishikido did NOT copy ACIDMAN. If that did happen then everybody WOULD'VE known it by now, and when I mean by that I mean EVEN the Media. Ryo is an awesome man and his solos are pretty amazing. I dunno why everybody should assume that this song sounds like that song. There are other songs that artists have created which sound like other songs, right?
I think that 'Ordinary' (Ryo's solo IS UNIQUE and it sounds nothing like Slow Rain. (PERSONALLY I THINK THAT).
Yeah it sounds ABIT like it, but the lyrics are different, the tempo is different, THERE are loads of things that are different.
I'm not blaming you for anything, though it sounds like it. But I'm just angry that people think that of Ryo. Why do we just judge Ryo? There ARE other artists who should be looked upon.