Sunday, January 4, 2009

Ice Cream Revoluton 21



As most of you, if not all of you, have heard Icecreamusume's debut song was played on a Taiwan radio station on December 22. It's a Chinese cover of Morning Musume's hit single Renai Revolution 21. It's going to be part of their mini album, Ice Creamusume - 1st Best. Which will be released January 16. The track list will be:

1. Lian Ai Deng Chang
2. Zao An Ka Fei (Morning Coffee)
3. Zai Mei You Yu Shui Zi Run De Zing Qui Shang Shi Wu Fa Fu Chu Ai De Ba? (Ame no Furanai Hoshi de wa Aisenai Darou?)
4. Lian Ai Ge Ming 21 (Renai Revolution 21)
5. Go Girl ~Lian Ai Sheng Li~ (Go Girl~ Koi no Victory~)
6. Debut! ~Lian Ai De Zhuan Jiao Hui You Hao Yun Jiang Lin~ (Japanese version)
7. Zao An Ka Fei (Morning Coffee) (Japanese version)
I needed to get the main info in this post. XD





I actually found out about this song today, while browsing H!O. I don't really pay much attention to Icecreamusume because I'm honestly more interested in Jpop than Cpop. Though in the past months I started to listen to a little bit of Chinese music.


At first listen to this song I didn't really like it. And not so much because of the language it's it. Mostly because to me this song sounds kind of awkward in Chinese. And Chinese singers tend to have higher pitched voices, which I'm not really used to. But once I got passed the initial pitch differences, the song is actually pretty good. It's better than I expected it to be. It's obviously not as good as the original, nothing can be. But I think all in all, for what it is, it's good. And one thing I noticed right off the bat was that Icecreamusume is 100 times better at pronouncing the English words. It's almost funny really. Now that they seemed to give this song justice I'm excited to hear how the other Momusu covers will sound.

0 comments: