Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Maki's new single flys in

 
Maki Goto's first single, Fly Away, is being released January 21st. But only as a digital single. The song is a collaboration wit Sweet Black. Who I'm not familiar with at all. But since Maki is the only one singing, I'm guessing he mixed the song.

The first thing I notice about the full version of the song, is the music is very reparative. The clap sounding parts actually give me a headache. But I love the Ahhh parts added into the music. They blend in really well. But overall, I'm really in love with the song. It has some hip hop elements to it, but she sings it really softly. And as usual her vocals are top notch.

The video is very sultry. Her videos always had the sex appeal to them, but this one is even more so because it's Avex. Even the dance is sexy. It's not noticeably, in your face sexy like Kumi's dances. But it's sexy in that sultry, enchantress kind of way.She starts out the video by rolling around in bed. Then she sits on the bed in nothing but a white sheet, giving off the innocent vibe. But the random mask scenes throw off the pace a bit.

Maki looks absolutely gorgeous in this video. This really is the prettiest she's ever looked. Her new short hair gives her a more mature, confident, and sexy vibe. I think her charcoal/black jacket outfit is the best in the whole video. The sparkly dress she wear under it is really cute.

I think Koda Kumi could have some real competition for sexiest Avex artist now that Maki's debuted.


0 comments: