Sunday, January 4, 2009

Koharu Kusumi 3rd album



Sorry this is late. ._.


Koharu Kusumi's 3rd album, Kirari to Fuyu, was released on December 17th. And I finally got a chance to listen to it recently. So here's my full review of the album. On my last review I didn't really provide any one the songs to listen to. So, I'll post the songs from now on in my reviews.

Track 1: Koi Sign





The music for the most part is soft, with a lot of piano. But it does also pick up very quickly. And it's got the standard Kirarin music, chimes and bells are in the song periodically. Koharu sounds really sweet in this song. And I love when she says "sono I love you." This song kind of reminds me of Mizuiro Melody a little. In the sense that it's not an overly cutesy song, and it's not a ballad either.
Final rating: 8/10

Track 2: Anataboshi





This is MilkyWay's first single. I always really loved the music to this song. You'd never expect Irish music to sound good in a Jpop song, but somehow it just works. I really like they way the group parts are sung. Though the song focuses around Koharu, every does sound really good in it. Though out of the eggs I was most impressed with Kitahara Sayaka's voice. I think this song is really fun, and I've listened to this song over and over.
Final rating: 7/10

Track 3: Papancake














I absolutely love this song! It's is so infectious and cute. Koharu sounds so adorable singing this, especially when she says "hai." They lyrics are very cute. A song about Pancakes is something you would expect form Kirarin Revolution. I must admit though, in some parts of the song is does sound like she's pushing her voice. But I love how overly cute it sounds. I just really love it all around. The music is great and I feel happy every time I listen to it.
Final rating: 10/10


Track 4: Love Chick















This song starts out very cute, with Koharu saying hai about 10 times. This song is very adorable I love how she sings it. The "cute cute cute no boy hora ai ai ai" part especially. I also love the "junjou and honou" parts. Her voice sounds great in the bridge of the song. Overall this song is very happy. And I really like it, it's one of my favorite songs on the album. Chiku chiku love you, chiku chiku happy, chiku chiku for you my boy!
Final rating: 9/10


Track 5: Oh! Tomodachi















This song is the b-side on the Papancake single. I love music for this song, it's cute and powerful. Koharu seems to be singing louder in this song then usual. Or am I just hearing things. The song is really happy, like all of her songs. But I don't care for this song much. Her voice is a little too much for me in this one. It's overly happy and sweet, that I find it almost annoying. I think a slower song would have balanced Papancake better.
Final rating: 5/10


Track 6: Mass Colorful













The Spainish music makes me think of Iroppoi Jirettai. The music of the two songs aren't similar at all, it's just the first thing that comes to mind. I'm not a big fan of this song either. Nothing really stands out about it. It's kind of boring and slower paced then the other songs. This song just seems kind of forgettable. I prefer Koharu's loud in your face, cutesy songs. Like Love Dayo Darling.
Final ratimg: 7/10


Track 7: Puppy Love















All I can say that Koharu's puppy noises make me laugh. And I can't tell if she's saying you're my puppy love or don mai puppy love. It's probably the first one. But this song is cute and the lyrics are sweet. But I'd never be able to sing this song with a straight face. ._.
Final rating: 6/10

Track 8: Soramimi Doremi















I love this song! It's so adorable. I love the way she sings it. But it's so fast at some points that it's hard to keep up with the lyrics. And I looked up soramimi and got results that it's when a Japanese phrase sounds like an English phrase. But that makes me even more confused to what this song is actually abou.
Final rating: 7/10


Track 9: Gamusharara















This song is the b-side to the Tan Tan Taan single. The music for this song sounds like a bad 80's song. And Kikkawa Yuu's voice sounds different in this song. All of a sudden it's sounds very cute but sounded nothing like this in Anataboshi. This song as a whole sounds kind of weird. And I'm not sure what to make of it. The only part of this song I like are the harmonies.


Final rating: 6/10




Track 10: Tan Tan Taan!

















This is MilkyWay's 2nd single. The music for this song is very light. Just tambourines and other sound effects. The music is also very child like. This is the first time we get to really hear the other member's voices. And everyone sounds amazing in this song. Their are a few times Kitahara Sayaka sounds a little weird, but for the most part she's really good. I think this song is kind of cute. I like the "Ichi Ni Tan Tan Taan" parts.


Final rating: 6/10




Track 11: Sansan GOGO















This is the b-side to the Anataboshi single. I think the guitars in the beginning of the song sound really cool. I think this is the best MilkyWay song. I think this song should have replaced Anataboshi as the single. Everyone's voice blends together perfectly in this song. And everyone's singing sounds almost effortless. It's sung wonderfully. I really love this song!


Final rating: 10/10




Track 12: Yume no Balloon















This is the last song on the album. :/ This song is a lot lighter then some of the other songs. And it's pretty simple music wise. Koharu's voice sounds really sweet in this one.




This review was actually really fun to do. I love listening to Koharu songs. And I think the album is pretty good. But I wish there were more new songs. I mean half of the songs were already released. They should have kept the singles on the album but left the b-sides on the singles. If I had to choose a favorite Koharu album it would probably be Mitsuboshi. Even though I like this album, I think it could have been a lot better.

0 comments: