Monday, January 10, 2011

Kisumai to sing opening for Misaki No.1


It was announced that Johnny's Junior group Kis-My-Ft2 will be singing the opening theme to the drama Misaki No.1. The drama, that star's Kis-My-Ft2 members Fujigaya Taisuke and Kitayama Hiromitsu, will be using a modified version of their song FIRE BEAT called No.1 ~FIRE BEAT.



Now I can honestly say that I don't follow Kisumai and know little to nothing about them. But the one thing I do know, is that it seems like Kisumai is just months away from finally officially debuting. A couple months ago I made a post that said with everything that Kisumai has been up to they have to debut soon. (Which if you care you can read it here.) Now add the way that they were treated as a legit Johnny's group a little over a week ago at the Johnny's New Year Countdown, and now this. It really seems like any day now they will make their debut.

But not only have they been pimping Kis-My-Ft2 a lot, they've been pimping this song in particular a lot. Well, not a lot but enough. We all know that this song was used for the dwango CM they starred in a few months back, as well as being avaliable through the dwango site. And now it's being used as the opening for a drama. Which makes it seem like they really want people to hear this song. Possibly because it will be an upcoming single?


With all the commotion being made about Kisumai, recently and in general, I decided to finally see what all the fuss was about. So I decided to listen to their song FIRE BEAT. And all I can say is wow. The song is amazing. The music has this powerful and heavy rock beat, that's reminiscent of something KAT-TUN used to sing/would sing. The rapping in the song is incredible. The rapping is pretty much on par with Tanaka Koki's, which I wasn't really expecting. The overall sound is catchy and infectious. I can see why they are so popular.
 
 
Here's the Misaki No.1 commercial.



 And for anyone like me who hasn't heard the song yet, here's Kis-My-Ft2 performing FIRE Beat at Playzone 2009.

0 comments: