Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Kikkawa You to debut in March!


Recently graduated Hello!Project Egg member, Kikkawa You, announced that she will be making her official solo debut on March 30th. The single is entitled Kikkake wa YOU. Their will also be 3 different B sides on different versions of the single. The songs will be Sayonara Namida, Candy Pop, and Fuyuzora Hanabi which she already performed in concert. So we've already gotten a chance to hear those songs. Fuyuzora Hanabo and Sayonara Namida are really amazing. I wasn't really that into Candy Pop. However, we have yet to hear the A-side. But that will probably be released in a radio rip in about a month. Kikkake wa YOU is also being used as the theme song for a movie with the same name that Kikkawa You is starring in.


I'm sure this news doesn't really come as a shock to anyone who's been following Kikka's news. closely. It was pretty much set in stone that she was going solo when she was the opening act for the Hello!Project 2011 Winter Concert. Even though it was obvious it doesn't make me less excited for this news. I am absolutely thrilled that this is finally 100% confirmed. Kikka is an amazingly talented vocalist and I'm glad that she's not being wasted as just an Egg member. I am also really thrilled for Hello!Project to finally have another soloist. It was getting pretty boring with ManoEri. And I kinda feel bad for ManoEri because it seems like Kikka is completely going to blow her out of the water. I mean Fuyuzora Hanabi is a lot better than Seishun Serenade and it's only a B-side! Look at this, I'm Kikka biased already. XD


Here are her B-side concert rips for anyone who is interested in hearing them.





Sayonara Namida:






Fuyuzora Hanabi:





Candy Pop:

0 comments: