Sunday, January 9, 2011

Help me make JM better!


Since the new year has finally set in, I've been thinking about making some changes to Janakya Mottainai. Of course changes for the better. Since this July is Janakya Mottainai's 3rd anniversary, (Can you believe it?) I really want to make this blog 100 times better for the people reading it.



So, right now I would just love to see what some of my reader's think about this blog. Basically I want you to tell me what you would like me to write about, something you wish I would write about, or something I need to fix/change. And I don't want anyone to hold back! Be brutally honest if you have to! If you think I'm too opinionated, tell me. If my overall writing sucks, let me know. If there's some stories you'd wish I write about, don't be bashful. Make the critique about absolutely anything at all! My blog's too bland, I don't post enough, you want more overanalyzed predictions, or whatever.
Writing this blog means absolutely nothing if the people reading it don't enjoy it.

Here are some things I'm thinking about blogging about. Let me know if you'd be interested in reading posts about them.

-Commercials: I am writing about idols after all, and idols get lots of endorsements. But I have only ever made 2 or 3 posts about commercials in this blog. Commercials fall under a news category and I know people like to know the absolute latest news about their favorite idol/idol group. And since my blog focuses a lot on news, I think I should be posting about ALL the news.

-Release announcements: The absolute first time I mention a single is when a preview comes out. And I never even mention new albums! I have seen a lot of blogs making entire posts when new singles are announced. I feel like a lot of people reading this would want to know the second their idols are releasing something new.

-Live performances: I know I cannot wait until my favorite idols perform their songs on TV shows. But I only every post about live performances if it's the first preview of a song, the performance is special (such as a medley or MM OGs), I'm extremely into the song, or my favorite idol looks hot in the performance. I know, completely shallow. :/ I think a lot of fans would want a link to watch the most recent performance of a song.


In the past I've felt that all of these are too trivial to mention or readers wouldn't actually care about them. But the more I think about them, the more important they seem.

Also there is one thing I probably won't be blogging about, and that's album reviews. Not because I don't want to or I'm too lazy. It's mainly because I don't speak Japanese. And to form a decent opinion on a song you need to know what is being said. I think the album review's quality would suffer by just basing it on overall sound alone. Thank god people seem to translate singles really quickly, a lot of them are translated shortly after the previews come out. But it takes people a lot longer to translate albums. So if my readers didn't mind waiting 6 months for album reviews, I'd love to do them. But I'm always worried people won't be interested if the post isn't made the second the album comes out.

As you can see my reader's thoughts, comments, opinions, advice, and critique matter a lot to me. I write this blog a lot for myself, but I also write it for my readers. Or anyone else who checks out my blog randomly for a minute. I just want to make my posts the absolute best I am capable of making them.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Live performances =D That would be fun.

Unknown said...

Ah and =D Happy 3rd anniversary!
[insert cyber-party here]

Lila said...

Happy (early) 3rd anniversary!!!
Live Performance Reviews would be totally awesome!! :) I also think commercials would be cool especially if there was something interesting or cool about them (or if an amazingly hot looking idol was starring in it :P )
Anyways I think your blog is pretty amazing especially because you always have a good and well though out opinion on a lot of things! But if you really wanted, I think one thing you could improve on would be the layout/ visual design of the blog, cause it's pretty but it could be more interesting design wise (But the rotating headers are still all sorts of awesome!! ) Hope this helps!!

AimxAim said...

@Serené Lin: Glad you'd be into live performances. :] And my 3rd anniversary isn't until July. But thanks so much.<3

@Lila: Thanks.<3
Awesome it seems people are really into performances. :] I think CMs would be cool too. But they aren't always that cool, they are actually mostly mundane. Lol. (Haha of course. I was going to make a post about KAT-TUN's Logtomo CM cause they look great. And a while back I was goint to post S/mileage's adorable Zombie Daisuki CM.)

Thanks so much for the possitive comments. I always appreciate it.<3
Visually I can totally work on. But what exactly do you think I should change? Color, actual layout? (I love the headers too, eventually I will make more of them. :]) It does help, thanks so much. :]

Lila said...

When I said to change the visuals I figured maybe changing the color would help, maybe by adding a pattern or background design but that really depends since I don't think you want to take away too much emphasis from the header! But I think changing the color would improve the look alot :)