Sunday, May 1, 2011

SUPER GIRLS show off more then their hearts in new PV


Avex idol group SUPER GIRLS, have released their PV for Max! Otome Gokoro off their 2nd single. Also since I'm pretty sure their 2nd single is a double A-side, so most likely expect another PV from this single.


I have been following SUPER GIRLS almost since their formation. But I didn't really take notice until they announced their major debut and released their first PV for Miracle ga Tommanai. And I have to say that I like SUPER GIRLS. I like their look and overall sound. But I have to say at their best SUPER GIRLS are and always have been walking idol cliches. Fans have been complaining about and noticing their similarities to other idol groups since their first PV. And like I said in my PV review of Miracle ga Tommanai it was pretty much a carbon copy of every idol PV out there. And that seems to be what SUPER GIRLS are continuing to do. They look at whatever is popular in idol PV and copy it to get more exposure and fans. People like to say that SUPER GIRLS are mostly copying AKB48, because AKB48 whole theme is wearing school uniforms and they have bikini PVs. But honestly SUPER GIRLS takes elements from all the idol groups out there. The Ganbatte Seishun PV not only reminds me of AKB48, but their are some similarities to Buono and S/mileage PVs. Even ManoEri's Seishun no Serenade was filmed in a school.
But with the Max! Otome Gokoro PV it seems like they just had to make a PV that featured everyone's favorite fanservice, the bikini PV. When I first watched the PV of course I was unimpressed because to me the bikini PVs are extremely flat. And not just because I'm a girl and the fanservice is wasted on me, but because I think bikini PVs are getting really old. AKB48 has done 2 now, Berryz Koubou and Morning Musume had those bikini PVs in their Allo-Hello DVDs. And I can see as a new idol group who is competing with AKB48, they felt they had to do a bikini themed PV but really they didn't. Look at idol group Ebisu Muscats. Despite being an idol group made up of gravure and AV idols, they have yet to release a bikini PV. And when Momoiro Clover had a summer song. They didn't wear bikinis either. They opted to make it a more playful PV. And that's pretty much how I prefer my idols to be. Cute, fun, silly, playful, and singing extremely upbeat and happy music. Which is why I adore SUPER GIRLS. Yes, they might be every idol cliche in the book, but I like idol cliches. They turn out to be my favorite idol groups, songs, and PVs. If I wanted anything beyond regular idol fare, I obviously wouldn't be listening to idol music in the first place.


But none of that really has anything to with the Max! Otome Gokoro PV. Reading all of that above you'd probably think I didn't like the PV but I actually did. Because despite of it being obvious fanservice which does nothing for me, they still managed to do it in a very cute and playful way. They weren't rubbing lotion on each other or having a pillow fight in lingerie. It was more or less and innocent PV that they just happened to be wearing bikinis in. Well, as innocent as dancing in bikinis can be received. And being a fan as idols as long as I have I realized these PVs are done mostly for fanservice. But they are also done in good fun, to be playful and tease the viewer. Which is an aspect I can appreciate. I like the playful aspect of this PV. How they also added elements of humor. I like when my idols parade around acting all idoly. Whether it's in bikinis, or school uniforms, or hideous concert outfits.

Of course the PV has to start off showing their school uniforms.

Let the idol deja vu begin!

It wouldn't feel quite like an idol PV without an insanely simple dance.

And the bikinis begin just a little before the minute mark. They actually really pretty though. I completely would steal snorkle girl's and Rika's. XD

Adorable! Ami is the cutest and definitely one of my favorites.

Kaede is really pretty. She almost looks like Saori's twin to me.

I can totally see why Rika is on of the most popular members. However, Rino is looking really adorable too.

Cute.

This is the first time Mirei actually looks pretty.

Lolz.

I think I'm Ami biased.

For some reason I really love this scene. XD

Look at Ruka looking all cute.

Words can't even begin to describe how random this is.

And now there in yukatas for some reason.

Aya looks cute here.

Awkward dance move.

Not sure how this is supposed to be scary.

I think it's actually really cute to have them pretend to film and direct.

Lolz.

0 comments: