Thursday, August 4, 2011

A new idol group worth looking into

The entertainment agency Vision Factory has revealed that they have created a new idol group. The new group is called Fairies and is made up of 7 memebers who's age range from 12-14 years old. Their debut single is entitled More Kiss, which currently doesn't have a release date.

When I first saw pictures of this group a month ago I didn't think anything of it. I was going to blog about them, but I honestly didn't see anything special about them. I thought they were going to be like Tokyo Girl's Style, where their young age kind of turned me off of them. But once I heard a preview of their debut single I was sold on them.
More Kiss is absolutely incredible. It has an amazing beat, and despite the member's ages, is a lot more mature than the majority of idol music out there. I hear elements in this song that remind me of Amuro Namie, Utada Hikaru, and BoA. And the singing is at a pretty high level. Most idol singers have a specific type of cutesy voice, and are sometimes terrible singers. But these girls sound more like legit singers than idols. With much smoother and deeper voices then you would normally hear leading an idol song. And that unique element makes them a stand out to me. And a group I plan on keeping an eye on.

2 comments:

Jess said...

Thanks for sharing this new group - the single sounds really promising from the preview, very SweetS-like with great voices. Definitely want to hear the full version now.

AimxAim said...

You're welcome. :]
It does sound very promising. I've never really heard any SweetS songs, so I have no idea if the song is SweetS like to be honest. Lol.
Me too! And I can't wait to see the PV. Since they all have dance training, the dance is going to be incredible!