Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Happy 3rd birthday Janakya Mottainai!

Yes, my dear readers Janakya Mottainai turns 3 this year. So, happy birthday to JM! Or happy anniversary! It's the same thing anyway. Janakya Mottainai's real birthday was July 25th. Techically it's May 29th. But my first post was on July 25th, hence July is the real birthday. I really wanted to make this post on the July 25th but I've been busy so this post had to be pushed back a bit. But hey, at least I'm making a post! Last year I completely forgot to make one all together.

Wow, time really does fly. I cannot believe that I've been blogging for 3 years already. It seriously feels like yesterday that I wrote my first post. Which was a bit of a mess. It was poorly written and was a review of 3 songs and PVs in one post. Here's my first post for people who haven't read it or haven't been following JM since day one.

I never really know what to write in posts like this. So I read my first anniversary post. Which you can read here if you care. In that post I wrote that my blog had over 11,000 views and got 100 reads a day. Two years later and my blog has over 141,000 views and 300-400 views a day. Which might not seems like much to most people, but I honestly don't care about things like that. I'd be happy with 10 views a day, as long as someone was reading it. I also wrote in my 1st anniversary post that I was happy to be featured on International Wota, and that it was my goal to be featured there. Flash forward to present day, and I became IW's blogger of the month and am constantly being featured. And I am completely thrilled about that, especially since I'm featured on IW a lot more often than I think I deserve.

Overall, this blog is extremely important to me. This blog is like one of the only places where I can really voice my opinions on things. I have very strong opinions about a lot of different subjects, but I hardly ever really voice them outside of my own home. I've been extremely shy my whole life, and I've always avoided confrontation, so I'm always hesitant to voice my opinions in real life. Partly because I don't want my opinions to start arguments, and partly because I'm overly sensitive and think people will judge my opinions, and indirectly me, harshly. So, this blog is one of the only times I can really stand up and say, "You know what, I don't like what's going on here," or, "Actually I think this song is terrible." (Oh yeah, I'm so overly sensitive that I google AimxAim every so often to make sure people online aren't saying how much they hate me or my blog. Does that make me crazy? XD)

This blog is also really important to me because its kept me really involved in idol music. Before blogging I was a casual fan, and I didn't realy keep up to date with news or individual idols themselves as much as I do now. Joining H!O is also a reason why I started to know more about H!P, and eventually made this blog. And before that I was such a casual fan that I used to search the idol groups I liked on youtube every couple of months to know if they had a new single. It doesn't get more casual than that.
And as I kept blogging I found out about new idol groups, which I knew hardly anything about. And I wanted to get into them more. So, I started to blog about them. Which forced me to go and learn nearly everything about them, and forced me to keep up to date with them. I mean this blog tracks me getting into Hey! Say! JUMP practically from day one. When I first started blogging about them I was so new to the group that I accidently said Yabu was the only one to get a solo in Jonetsu Jump, when it was actually Ryosuke. I've thought about going back and changing that because it makes me look like a fool, but I can't imagine doing that. If I did I wouldn't be able to look back and laugh at how much of a noob I was.


With each passing year I keep trying to make Janakya Mottainai better. I've been trying to post news as soon as it happens, and I'm trying to keep adding idol groups to cover. I want JM to become a go to blog for all things idol related. News, information, and reviews. Which is a huge daunting task. Which is so large that maybe I'm setting myself up for failure, but I'm actually confident I can do it.
I'm also really trying to improve my writting. Which is probably the biggest task for me and JM. Mostly because I never really thought of myself as a writter. With this blog, even though I am writting I just think of it as blogging. Writting was never really my strong suit. I mean I was good enough at it, but I always seem to have trouble making my paragraphs flow and fluidly transition to another point without making it seem awkward or noticeable.


Well, I'm getting a litte off subject here. I guess I'll just end this post by giving a big virtual toast to all my readers. Readers and comments are what keeps me going. I still get excited for each and every comment I get, and I still get sad when I don't recieve any comments. So, here's to you readers for making this birthday/anniversary possible. And hopefully you'll send me a virtual toast right back.

Here are some idol songs to set the mood!











4 comments:

Serenyty said...

Happy blog birthday!! =D

You get yourself some Oh Campee!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJt2rwZyh1E

AimxAim said...

Thanks so much!<3

You know, I don't really follow indie idol groups, but that song was pretty cute. And I've never seen an idol group with a half Black member. That's why I wanted the half Black girl from the S/mileage auditions to get through.

maureen said...

hi happy brithday, I discovered your blog yestaerday while typing akb48 blog in google lol I love your blog, I'm 21 years old girl, a french medical student who lived 5 years in japan hum I love akb48 , kattun and snsd, kara shinee (they sing in japanese) i hope you'll talk about korean groups who sings in japanese (it's great beacuase this way I can sing their song because I sing in japanese lol) keep doing your good work
ps me too my friends doesn't understand my liking because they thinhk asian guys are gay and too feminate and asian girls cute but tooo cutesy lol kiss
gambatte kudasai otanjoobi omedetoo

AimxAim said...

Hey, thanks.<3

Lol. A lot of people find my blog through google.

I love AKB48, KAT-TUN, SNSD, and SHINee too. XD I was thinking of adding the Kpop groups who debuted in Japan, but I'm not sure if a majority my readers would care. :/
I will! :]

Lol. It seems like everyone who know nothing about Asian music thinks that Asian guys are girly. It's sad really. :/

Thanks again.<3