Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Farewell ugly hair



I found the best Miyavi news in a long time. Miyavi has finally changed his hair! About a week ago I happened to come across PSC and Miyavi's 2009 calendars. His hair is on the normal side now. It's a mix of his oresama hair and his kekkonshiki no uta hair. And as a huge Miyavi fan I am pretty much rejoicing. So let's take a trip down Miyavi's ugly hair memory lane.

Kimi ni Negai wo:






Miyavi's hair in this PV isn't bad at all. But it's the beginning of the end. This is just the last time his hair actually looked decent in a video. I love this video, MYV looks gorgeous with his blue contacts. The song as a whole is really sweet also.


Selfish Love:



And the ugly hair begins. My first reactions to this is, "what's going on?" He shaved both sides and put the rest in some sort of ugly pony tail up-do. The overdose of pink in the promo photos didn't help either. I didn't like that he was starting to look more girly. And to this day I have yet to watch the PV because I can't get passed his hair. I guess that makes me a bad fan. But I really like the song. "Love me because I love you" I can relate to that. ._.

Sakihokoru Hana no you ni -Neo Visualizm-:

 

The beginning of Neo Visualizm. My face dropped to the floor when I saw this video. It was curly and it had fake hair pieces in it. It was also pinned and put in a stupid hat. I was a little hesitant to listen to this. His style went way over the top and it was a different type of music then he usually did. And his black outfit with the gloves turned me off the video completely. And for a while I wouldn't even watch the video.

Subarashiki kana, kono sekai -WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD-:



Now by this video I pretty much accepted and tolerated his new style of clothes and music. This hair and outfit is much better then in the Neo Visulaizm video. I actually liked his clothes in this one. And I started to think he looked good like this. I got passed the video and actually really love this song.

Hi no hikari sae todokanai kono basho de:


His hair in this video annoyed me so much. He had more hair pieces and it was braided. And the hair looked dry and dead. It was just terrible as a whole. But his clothes were more toned down and almost normal looking. This song was my favorite out of all of them. It had less "hip-hop" influences.


Now this post as a whole must sound very shallow and fangirl-ish, but looks would never stop me from listening to his music. I gradually got passed his ugly hair, once I realized his lyrics didn't change, just his style of music. And I reluctantly accepted his change because Miyavi never keeps the same hair for that long.


His new hair is ok looking. I hope he doesn't keep the stupid multi color hair extensions. But his hair might not even last like this for long. I guess I'll have to wait for his next single.


0 comments: