Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Everyone's Egg!



Shugo Chara Egg's debut single Minna no Tamago is being released December 10, or today. And the PV has been out for a few days now. I'm late on reviewing again. But at least it's not by that much.

The video is extremely colorful. Lots of floating colofulness. I love how this Shugo Chara group is actually focusing on the anime. With the matching costumes and clips of the anime. But the dance is way too simple. I though Buono had the simplest dances in H!P but this tops it. Yeah the dance is cute, but it's just too simple for my taste. All the seem to be doing is walking.
Even though there is a lot going on in the video, it almost seems like it's too much. And I really don't care for the video.

Even though this a H!P Egg group I expected this song to be a little more mature because of Buono's songs. Buono's songs are childish but still kinda mature. For what the song is it's good, people who expected more of this song should remember it's just for Shugo Chara. But I like the song. It's cutesy and is catchy. I've been listening to it on a loop. Though I've already heard this song a lot because of the fan recording that was out a few months ago. And everyone's voice is incredibly cutesy, except for Saho Akari. Her voice is the most mature of the bunch. Wada Ayaka's voice is a mix of cute and mature. This song really does seem to be a continuation of Kokoro no Tamago. It was even written by the same person. But instead of hop, step, jump, it's pyon pyon fumu fumu. And other lyrics of the song are very similar. The lovely people at projecthello.com translated the lyrics if you want to see for yourself.

Surprisingly this song reached 5th on the oricon. Which means we'll probably be seeing a lot more of the Shugo Chara Eggs. And maybe if they become popular enough they will be able to branch away from Shugo Chara like Buono did. And I also expected by the time the single came out they would have some sort of official name. As for now they are just Shugo Chara Egg which seems silly to me.

I was always overly excited for this group because Maeda Yuki was in it. I feel in love with her voice in High King. But Kanon is defiantly my favorite. I even think her voice is the cutest in this whole song. It must be because she looks a little bit like Aibon. I think I'm already Kanon
biased.







0 comments: