Saturday, September 13, 2008

Otanjobi omedetou!


I couldn't really contain my excitement when I found out NEWS's new PV was out. The song is obnoxiously catchy. (obnoxious in a good way of course) The members sound so adorable when singing the words happy birthday.

The song as a whole is really good. I love the beat. And I love how it like rap singing. I think Ryo's solo in the beginning was really good. But Shige's solo lines blew me away. That's exaggeration just a little, but I was really impressed. He has improved so much. I used to think of him as the worst singer in NEWS. But now he sounds less terrible and pretty good. I think it's because Shige's voice is more suited for certain songs. He shines in Change The World and Sayaendou but lacks vocally ability for songs like Weeeek or Bambina. That's just my opinion of course.

The PV to me is kind of lackluster. They have had much better videos. I guess after Summer Time's video I was just expecting more. I find it kind of stupid/annoying that just because birthday=presents everything they hold, and practically everything in the video is a box. I mean is that really necessary. But their are pluses to the video. I love the dance for the song in the middle of the video. I also love when Ryo throws the boxes in the air. Another good part of the video is I think I have finally gotten used to Shige as a blonde, he looks cute with it in the video. But I will miss Tegoshi as a blonde. And it will take a while to get used to Ryo's and Yamapi's hair. Hopefully they will change next PV.

0 comments: