Thursday, January 14, 2010

KAT-TUN- Love Yourself preview


KAT-TUN's new single, and their first single of 2010, is entitled Love yourself - Kimi ga Kirai na Kimi ga Suki. It's also going to be the theme for Kame's new drama Yamato Nadeshiko Shinchi Henge. And today we have a preview for Love Yourself. But oddly enough we had a short preview for the b-side, D-Motion, almost a month ago. Although technically the concert rip to Love Yourself has been floating around for a while. But the quality was terrible and I couldn't really get a feel for the song. So the preview is new for me, and probably a lot of people out there.

At first listen I absolutely love the song. I was expecting this is be a sad song since it's translated to something like I hate you and I love you. (Don't quote me on the translation cause my Japanese sucks.) I was also expecting to not like the song at all, because I'm not the biggest KAT-TUN fan out there. I only like a handful of songs by them. But the music to it is really great. It has a great club sounding beat. It sounds a lot like something that would be played in America. That's probably a main reason I fine the song so appealing. It's nice to see that auto tuning has not only invaded Korea, but Japan too. That would probably annoy most people, but I've always loved auto tuning. I would honestly prefer if the song had a bit more of it. The only thing that disappoints me is that Koki's rap seems rather short. But I guess I'll have to wait for the PV to see it's longer. Since Koki's rapping is usually my favorite part of KAT-TUN's songs. The song also sounds like something Arashi would sing rather than KAT-TUN.



And to anyone out there who hasn't heard the D-Motion preview, here's KAT-TUN's DecoTomo DX commercial.

0 comments: